This little Microsoft Access program makes it easy to find any Read code
using one or two words.
Very easy to use and saves lots of time and frustration trying to find the right read code, an essential tool for summarisers.
We created two versions so that those practice's on remote servers could also benefit.
This version may be used by anybody as it stands-alone. It has the LAST (as Read has now finished) Read code database Quarter 1 2016 built-in, which means that it may be used immediately after the download has completed.
Read will now be replaced by Snomed codes
If on a hosted server please make sure that you download and install this within your hosted environment, i.e. you must be able to see the Vision icon on your desktop.
- Click the big green "Start Download Now!" button
- Click "Save" at the Security Warning screen prompt
- Take a note of the file name as you will need this for installation!
- Select a folder to save the file into and click the "Save" button
- When download is complete click "Open Folder" button. ( or open the folder yourself, i.e. previous step)
- Double-click on the downloaded file from above
- Click "Run" at the Security Warning screen prompt
- Click "Yes" to continue with the unzip process
- Click "Browse" button and select a folder to save the file into. We recommend that you save this on a shared drive like G:\Global or O:\Download, etc...
- Click "OK" to close the Browse for Folder screen
- Click "Unzip" button
- Click "OK" when successful
- Click "Close" button.
Create a quick access link in Vision Consultation Manager
- Open Consultation Manager
- Press F12 on your keyboard to open the "Local Guideline Index"
- Click on the "Maintain" button in the guideline toolbar (shown as a pencil, ruler and set square)
- Click "Application" button on the new toolbar shown on the right of the screen
- Click "Browse" button and locate the folder where you saved the program
- Change "Files of Type" drop down list to shown "All Files"
- Select the program file i.e. ...Read Code search.mdb
- Click "Open" button
- Type a description such as "Easy Read Code Search Program"
- If you like buttons remove the tick from "Display as icon"
- Click "OK"
- Click on the "Maintain" button in the guideline toolbar (shown as a pencil, ruler and set square) to save
You have now successfully created a link to the program for all vision users in your surgery
You are granted a non-exclusive Licence to use the Software for any
purposes for an unlimited period of time. The software product under this
Licence is provided free of charge.
Even though a license fee is not paid for the use of Freeware Version software, it does not mean that there are no conditions for using such software:
- The Software may be installed and used by the Licensee for any legal purpose.
- The Software may be installed and used by the Licensee on any number of systems.
- The Software can be copied and distributed under the condition that original copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty will stay intact, and the Licensee will not charge money or fees for the Software product, except to cover distribution costs.
- The Licensee will not have any proprietary rights in and to the Software. The Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the Licensor retains all copyrights and other proprietary rights in and to the Software.
- Use within the scope of this Licence is free of charge and no royalty or licensing fees shall be paid by the Licensee.